Computer Systems-Operations Engineer
The Computer Systems-Operations Engineer is responsible for supporting the production floor for the assembly and test of computer server systems and embedded system assemblies. The Systems-Operations Engineer will work with the Operations and Engineering Team to improve the assembly processes and remove cost from the production systems.
The Computer Systems-Operations Engineer also provides leadership in resolution of short term and long term technical issues related to production. Working with the Technical Program Manager, the Systems-Operations Engineer will participate in root cause and bug fixes as a result of customer field RMA’s and escalations.
- Support the production floor by providing the necessary tools, processes, fixturing, and equipment for operations to accurately and repeatedly assemble and test customer products.
- The Engineer will examine system logs, software traces, core dumps, and other system debug information to determine if a bug exists and if there is a work around.
- Support the material management process from initial design through supplier selection through discrepant material evaluation and root cause analysis.
- Will assist the NPI Engineer in preparing manufacturing assembly/test procedures. Provide conceptual design input for new products and may provide recommendations to modify products for manufacturability.
- Implement cost, quality and consistency improvements in existing and to-be-released products and processes.
- The job also requires the development of tools and techniques to aide in the fulfillment and diagnoses of issues easily
- Maintains test equipment and software revisions per required calibration recommendations
- ECO generation, review, and implementation support.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Working knowledge of practical manufacturing techniques for computer server and embedded systems, including test techniques using industry test programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as the ability to organize prepare and present materials to customers, suppliers and/or company management at all levels.
- The ability to look at issues at a systems level.
- Strong technical troubleshooting abilities.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 standard.
Personal Skills Required
- Highly motivated, takes initiative.
- Works well in a dynamic environment.
- Team player.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in a technical related field or 5+ years in a manufacturing support environment role.
- Experience with ERP product and productivity software, knowledge and use of EPICOR is preferred.
- Proficiency is a must with a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and MS Office products.
- Must have excellent organization, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Good analytical skills and judgment, with the ability to efficiently and effectively resolve complex problems.
- High degree of flexibility and innovation while maintaining customer focus.
- High degree of integrity and ethics.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Computer Systems-Operations Engineer