Computer Hardware Engineer
Are you a computer enthusiast? HIPER Global US is seeking a highly skilled Computer Hardware Engineer to join our growing team! Candidate must have knowledge of computer hardware (motherboards, processor, storage systems (including RAID), network controllers, video controllers, etc.). The Computer Hardware Engineer with split their time between the following job functions:
Computer Systems Integration:
Work with the Sales Program Manager and the customer to verify and validate that the product being developed for the customer meets the customer’s requirements. These products typically range from microprocessor-based appliances, single board embedded computers, and complex Intel or SuperMicro multiprocessor server systems.
New Product Introduction:
Work with both the Sales Program Manager and the customer to verify and validate that the product being developed meets the customer’s requirements. These products typically range from microprocessor-based appliances, single board embedded computers, and complex Intel or SuperMicro multiprocessor server systems.
- Work with the customer in documenting requirements and resolving various system issues.
- Drive development efforts for new customer integration products using commercial off-the-shelf components. Analysis and development of manufacturing functions, capacities, and facilities needed to produce the customers product.
- Set up ERP part number structures, routings, and BOMs for new products.
- Create the automated validation and test procedure utilizing WinPE based scripts and various vendor utilities.
- As a member of the NPI Team, works to design and structure the manufacturing work flows for new products.
- Create and update of related documentation (assembly instructions, test procedures, specifications, checklists, etc.).
- Train manufacturing staff on assembly and test procedures.
- Work with manufacturing to help troubleshoot production problems that arise.
- Work to keep the PXE based WinPE test environment updated and current.
- Stay current with major vendor technology roadmaps.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience with Windows CLI and batch scripting, Familiarity with Linux a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft PXE hardware/software and WinPE OS.
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware – CPUs, motherboards, RAID/storage concepts, I/O protocols, compatibility.
- Software experience – Installation and configuration of Microsoft Windows and various Linux OS’s, BIOS updating and optimization.
- Strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well with others – teamwork, cooperation, respect, and integrity, and excellent communication.
- Must be a self-motivated, organized, and strong communicator.
- Must have ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- BS degree in ME/EE/Computer Science/Manufacturing or other related Science/Engineering field is preferred, although a trade or vocational school would be considered.
- Similar real work experience would be considered
- Computer hardware knowledge: either through formal education, or personal hobbyist experience.
- EPICOR ERP experience desirable, but not required.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Computer Hardware Engineer