The Purchasing Manager is responsible for planning, directing, or coordinating the activities of planners, buyers, purchasing officers, inventory control, and related workers involved in forecasting, planning, purchasing, and stocking materials, products, and services.
- Provide Materials resource planning (MRP)
- Locate vendors of materials, equipment, or supplies, and interview them in order to determine product availability and terms of sales, and authorize inclusion into Network Allies, Authorized Vendor List (AVL) following ISO procedures.
- Prepare and process requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
- Control purchasing department budgets.
- Interview and hire staff and oversee staff training.
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability.
- Develop and implement purchasing, inventory control, receiving and kitting instructions, policies, and procedures.
- Manage cycle counts and resolve discrepancies in counts.
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances and claims against suppliers.
- Represent Network Allies in negotiating contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- ·Direct and coordinate activities of personnel engaged in planning, buying, stocking, and distributing materials, equipment, machinery, and supplies.
- Prepare reports regarding market conditions and merchandise costs.
- Arrange for disposal of surplus or scrap materials.
- Work with Accounting, Engineering, NPI, and Sales teams to create an efficient materials supply chain for all customer product
- A member of the MRB review board.
- Manage ongoing maintenance of the Supplier Evaluation program.
- Responsible for the ongoing accuracy of inventory and work with outside auditors to pass inspection.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Administration and Management — Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, resource modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
- Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Personnel and Human Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation, and personnel information systems.
- Accounting — Knowledge of accounting principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial data pertaining to the companies’ materials plans.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic sub-assemblies and equipment, and other computer hardware and software.
- APIC’s certified preferred.
- Knowledge and usage of Computer-aided applications such as MRP, Purchasing, Finance, Inventory control, receiving, and shipping.
- BS degree in Management or related field.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 and RoHS standards.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in the Computer Manufacturing Industry
- Minimum 5+ years combined experience in Operations, Materials, or Quality organizations.
- Epicor 10 experience is a plus.
Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject: Purchasing Manager