The Technician 1 is responsible for the configuration and test of computer systems and embedded appliances while adhering to HIPER Global US process documents. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and utilizes his/her experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals within a reasonable timeline. Works under general supervision while allowing a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Loading operating systems.
- Upgrade the BIOS and firmware motherboards and control adapters, format, and RAID HDDs.
- Deploy Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Install customer applications.
- Performs standard and customer-specific testing processes on a variety of equipment and record results. May recommend changes in testing methods or equipment changes.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Ensure the thoroughness and accuracy of the work instructions. Contribute to the development of work instructions.
- Work closely with Product Engineers and lead technician to support product qualification. Collaborate with engineering to ensure all procedures, work instructions, tests, and special tools are in place.
- Monitor test yield rate data and initiate corrective action as required.
- Maintain working knowledge of products and/or services.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding and knowledge of basic computer assembly techniques.
- Working knowledge in MS OS: Windows Server 2003/2008/2010/2013, Windows XP is desirable. Linux experience is a plus. Familiarity with Semantic Ghost replication techniques.
- Knowledge of industry-specific tests (Intel PCT, PC Check) and testing equipment (KVM’s)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the capability to produce detailed reports.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently on projects as well as part of a team
- Strong time management skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001/2015 standard
- Ability to follow applicable SOP Procedures/Processes
- Minimum ASEE, BSEET or Technical School and equivalent experience
- Experience in PC assembly and manufacturing
- Mechanical experience a plus
- Strong manufacturing knowledge
- Experience working in development environment
- A+ Certification, preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com. Subject: Technician 1