The Test Technician is responsible for the configuration and test of computer systems and embedded appliances while adhering to HIPER Global process documents. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and utilizes their experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals within a reasonable timeline. Works under general supervision while allowing a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
- Build computer server systems and embedded appliances from scratch using off-the-shelf industry-standard components. Install motherboards, processors, memory, hard disks, and assorted IO cards, format and RAID disks, drives, and loading operating systems.
- Upgrade and configure the BIOS and firmware motherboards and control adapters, format, and RAID HDDs.
- Running custom diagnostic tests.
- Deploy and configure server operating systems.
- Install customer applications.
- Performs standard and customer-specific testing processes on a variety of equipment and record results. May recommend changes in testing methods or equipment changes.
- Ensure the thoroughness and accuracy of the work instructions. Contribute to the development of work instructions.
- Sharp problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently on projects as well as part of a team.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Work closely with New Product Engineers on prototype builds. Support product qualification. Collaborate with engineering to ensure all procedures, work instructions, tests, and special tools are in place.
- Monitor test yield rate data and initiate corrective action as required.
- Maintain working knowledge of products and/or services.
- Other Duties: Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Understanding and knowledge of basic computer assembly techniques.
- Working knowledge in MS Office preferred.
- Working knowledge of Dell server configurations and troubleshooting.
- Basic network experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of industry-specific tests (Intel PCT, PC Check) and testing equipment (KVM’s).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the capability to produce detailed reports.
- Strong time management skills
- Detail Orientated preferred.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Knowledge of the ISO 9001/2015 standard.
- Minimum ASEE, BSEET, or Technical School and equivalent experience
- Experience in PC assembly and manufacturing
- Mechanical experience is a plus
- Strong manufacturing knowledge
- Experience working in a development environment.
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Please send your resume to:email@example.com. Subject: Test Technician