Success Story: Military
We were awarded a naval surface ship program through a top 10 defense contractor who we have been partnered with for over 20 years.
Our client needed a short depth ruggedized server capable of meeting their technical and MIL-STD testing requirements. The solution had to be delivered within their pre-negotiated schedule and budget with the US Government.
We were able to leverage our experience and design building blocks to expedite multiple server configurations capable of passing all testing requirements. Our supply chain team used our industry relationships to accelerate prototype parts and ensure we maintained schedule and cost.
Currently full in-house testing services include:
- Thermal and humidity chamber (-60 to +160°C; 10 – 98% RH)
- Drop tower style shock machine (drops up to 80g and max pulse width 50ms)
- Airflow chamber (up to 150 CFM)
- Power analysis (inrush current, power draw, EMI/EMC, power line noise)
- Noise abatement room for establishing an airborne noise baseline (8Hz – 16kHz)
- MIL-STD-901 Shock Testing of Shipboard Equipment
- MIL-STD-810 Environmental Engineering Considerations (Thermal, Humidity, Altitude, Noise, Acceleration)
- MIL-STD-167 Mechanical Vibrations of Shipboard Equipment
- MIL-STD-461 Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics (EMI)
- MIL-STD-740-1 Airborne Sound Measurements
- MIL-STD-740-2 Structure-borne Vibratory Acceleration Measurements
- MIL-STD-1474 Design Criteria Standard, Noise Limits
- MIL-STD-1399 Interface Standard for Shipboard Systems & AC Power
- FCC Part 15 Class A – Unlicensed Transmission
- CE Mark – Health, Safety, and Environmental Protection
- UL, CSA, cTUVus Marks – Standards for Safety
- IEEE and IEC – Standard for Electronic, Electrical, or Related Technologies
HIPER Global US is proudly ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified with tailored in-process and final inspections for each product.